** Apprenticeship Assessor required **
An exciting new role has become available. We are looking for an individual who has the drive and enthusiasm to want to teach and train others.
Are you a qualified Apprenticeship Assessor and/or Internal Quality Assurer with previous experience in delivering management Apprenticeships and looking for your next career step?
Or are you working in management and looking for a new challenge?
If you have a background in management and enjoy training and coaching others why not consider becoming an Apprenticeship Assessor?
Apprenticeships are a great way to learn practical skills, earn a wage and gain a recognised qualification that can help individuals go further in their career.
Founded in 2000, Weir Training Ltd is a quality Apprenticeship Training Provider, delivering vocational training throughout Surrey, Berkshire and the South East. We work in partnership with a variety of local businesses to offer Apprenticeship solutions to both existing and new staff. We also support and assist with new Apprenticeship opportunities for young people looking to kick-start their careers. Our highly qualified and experienced Apprenticeship Assessors provide one-to-one support throughout the Apprenticeship, tailoring each session to the Apprentice and Employer needs.
In May 2018, Her Royal Majesty’s Office for Standards in Education (Ofsted) completed a full inspection on Weir Training Ltd and awarded Grade 1 Outstanding – across the board.
As a responsible and conscientious Training Provider, we hold the Matrix standard accreditation, this is a unique quality standard for organisations to assess and measure their advice and support services, which ultimately supports individuals in their choice of career, learning, work and life goals.
Weir Training is Cyber Essentials certified, demonstrating our high protection levels against common online threats and is also an accredited Disability Confident Employer.
As an Apprenticeship Assessor you will play an integral part in guiding individuals through their Apprenticeship programmes and helping them to successfully achieve all requirements. Your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting and motivating Apprentices to ensure continuous progression is made throughout the duration of their Apprenticeship.
- Monitoring Apprentice progress in order to identify possible challenges and ways to overcome these.
- Setting individual targets for each Apprentice to ensure target dates are met and timely completions achieved.
- Identifying and supporting additional learning needs of individual Apprentices.
- Supporting the Apprentice’s completion of maths, English and ICT Functional Skills up to Level 2 where relevant.
- Delivering bespoke workshops to cohorts of Apprentices.
- Managing your diary efficiently, to ensure regular contact with allocated Apprentices.
- Preparing Apprentices for their End Point Assessment.
- Building relationships with Apprentices and Employers.
- Maintaining records of Apprentice’s progress in line with Apprenticeship funding rules.
Apprenticeships are more than just teaching people basic job skills, they are designed to support individuals in developing knowledge, skills and behaviours that will benefit them both personally and professionally. As an Apprenticeship Assessor, you will support and coach Apprentices to understand the fundamentals of British Values and what impact this has on them as an individual.
Weir Training are based in Chobham, Surrey and the majority of our Apprentices are based within a 30 mile radius of our office. To be the ideal applicant, you will need to be living within a 30 mile radius of GU24 (Woking) and must be prepared to travel to visit Apprentices.
This full time role will involve a combination of visiting apprentices in their workplaces, working from home and working from the office.
37.5 hours a week, Monday to Friday – 9:00am to 5:30pm
Depending on previous experience and qualifications the salary banding for this role is £26,000 To £29,000
We are looking for an individual that has a passion for training and drive to succeed.
Essential requirements for role:
- Occupational competence in management.
- A good standard of general education including maths and English at GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent).
- Comprehensive IT skills including the use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- The ability to work independently and manage your own time effectively.
- A ‘want to learn’ attitude.
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable.
- Experience of working with internal and external stakeholders.
- Full Driver’s License, use of own car and willing to travel (including motorways).
In addition it is desirable that applicants have:
- Assessor qualification (D32/33, A1, CAVA).
- Internal Quality Assurer qualification (D34, V1, IQA Award).
- Knowledge and/or previous experience of Ofsted inspections.
Weir Training are committed to the safeguarding of our stakeholders and all applicants are expected to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to agree to an enhanced DBS check being carried out, be able to provide proof of right to work in the UK and provide 2 suitable references prior to start of employment.
At Weir Training we believe in practicing what we preach and we encourage all staff to participate in all learning and development opportunities available to them. You will always be encouraged to develop your existing skills as well as developing new ones.
If you are not currently a qualified Apprenticeship Assessor we will support you in achieving the Level 3 Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement (CAVA) qualification.
Additional benefits include:
- Uncapped bonus opportunities.
- Company mileage paid.
- All resources required for the role will be issued including company laptop and mobile phone.
- 29 days holiday per annum (including bank holidays) – 3 of which are to be taken at Christmas due to the business being closed over this period.
- In addition to the 29 days holiday, the company gifts an additional days holiday over the Christmas period.
- Option to join a Health and Personal Care Cash Back scheme following a successful probationary period.
- Company pension.
- Fun social activities ran throughout the year.
Weir Training are a disability confident Employer and we positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion/beliefs or age.
Applying for the role:
To apply please submit your CV to Sarah Caines – firstname.lastname@example.org