Our commitment and responsibility
We have a responsibility to protect all Apprentices against safeguarding issues.
As a work-based learning Training Provider we are committed to providing advice and guidance to our Apprentices, Employers and our own employees on safeguarding concerns.
Each employer we deliver Apprenticeships to are subject to Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity and Employer Liability Insurance checks.
Each of our Curriculum Specialists understand safeguarding procedures and how to refer any concerns to our designated safeguarding representative if required.
They can be contacted by using the following email address: email@example.com. Or call our offices on 01932 567626
Weir Training has a statutory and moral duty to ensure that the business functions with a view to safeguarding those receiving education and training through delivery of Apprenticeships.
Weir Training is committed to ensuring that it:
- Provides a safe environment for all of its Apprentices to learn
- Identifies children and young or vulnerable people who are suffering, or likely to suffer, significant harm
- Takes appropriate action to help ensure that such children and young or vulnerable people are kept safe, both at home and within their workplace.
- Raises awareness of issues relating to the welfare of children and young or vulnerable people.
- Promotes a safe environment for the children and young or vulnerable people learning within Weir Training’s delivery of Apprenticeships.
- Has clear defined procedures for reporting and dealing with allegations of abuse including those made against members of staff
- Safeguarding is embedded within the organisations ethos including the recruitment of new staff members
Weir Training recognises the following as abuse: Physical abuse, domestic violence or abuse, sexual, psychological or emotional, financial or material, modern slavery, discriminatory and organisational or institutional.