The Government has highlighted the importance of Apprenticeships in developing the nation’s skills base and as a result has allocated money to fund training for eligible candidates.
To enrol on a Weir Training Apprenticeship, individuals must:
- Be employed and spend at least 50% of their working hours in England
- Have resided in the UK/EEA for the past 3 years, hold an NI number and have the right to work in England
- Not be enrolled on another Government funded course
- Not hold an existing qualification in the chosen subject (Opportunities are available for higher level qualified staff and graduates)
- Complete a minmum of 6 hours a week Off the Job Training (OJT)
Prior to enrolling on an Apprenticeship with Weir Training; previous experience, knowledge and qualifications will need to be reviewed and taken into consideration to ensure minimum Apprenticeship requirements can be met.