This page explains how to apply for an apprenticeship, providing information on gaining an apprenticeship if you’re seeking employment, already employed or looking to develop your personal skills.
Seeking paid employment and an apprenticeship?
Are you already employed?
In employment and have a contract? You can apply for an apprenticeship.
In brief, speak to your employer to invite us in for a consultation meeting, where the details are discussed.
If you would like us to approach your employer for you, please complete the ‘Call Back Request form.’
Are you an employer?
APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING IN ENGLAND FROM AUGUST 2020 TO JANUARY 2021
On Wednesday 8th July 2020, the Chancellor – Rishi Sunak announced that there will be funding available in England for employers who take on apprentices between 1st August 2020 and 31st January 2021.
The funding is linked to the government’s Plan for Jobs which will help to kickstart the nation’s economic recovery. In recognition of the value apprentices can bring to our economy, an incentive payment will be made to employers who hire an apprentice between 1st August 2020 and 31st January 2021. There are conditions to the funding:
- The apprentice must be a new employee to the business
- Have a contract of employment start date between 1st August 2020 and 31st January 2021
- Funding will vary depending on the age of the apprentice
Businesses that offer apprenticeships view them as beneficial to their long-term success. Hiring an apprentice is a productive and effective way for any business to grow talent and develop a motivated, skilled, and qualified workforce. As the economy recovers from the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, apprenticeships will be more important than ever in helping businesses to recruit the right people and develop the skills they need to respond to conditions and grow – both now and in the long-term.
APPRENTICESHIP FUNDING AVAILABLE
The payments will be as follows:
- £2,000 for each new apprentice taken on aged between 16 and 24
- Plus an additional £1,000 for each new apprentice taken on aged between 16 and 18
- £1500 for each new apprentice taken on aged 25 and over
Employers will claim this directly from the Government.
Full details can be found here: Apprenticeship funding in England From August 2020
Providing greater flexibility for your business needs, not to mention, established internal development programs can ultimately be included as part of the Apprenticeship.
Furthermore, we don’t work to the academic year, in fact, Apprenticeships start when you want them to.
All Apprenticeships are subject to eligibility requirements.
Methods of Payment
- If your annual pay bill is over £3 million, Click Here , set up your Digital Account through the Apprenticeship Service, or look at this page of our website. Apprenticeship Levy
- If you don’t pay the apprenticeship Levy, complete the ‘Call Back Request form’ and we will make contact with you to guide you through the process.
In either case, Weir Training offer support and guidance throughout the process, so why not contact us to discuss this further?!